From Cloud Antivirus
Basic Security Rules
- 1) No protection is 100%
- 2) Never use more than 1 AV at the same time, but you can use some other tools, like various on-demand scanners etc.
- 3) Best protection is to stay informed, do not download, open or click everything you see
- 4) Keep your system updated, download windows and other software security updates
- 5) not everything is a virus (malware), it can be false positive (detected as a threat or suspicious, but in fact it is clean/safe)
- 6) Back up your data regularly
- 7) Never use pirated software
- 8) Vaccinate your USB to prevent Malware Spreading with a tool like Panda USB Vaccine
note: by "more than 1 AV at the same time" we mean current complex antivirusses - with resident shields (real-time protection) - running alongside on your computer.
What is Malware
See: Types of Malware
Free Security Tools
See: Free Tools